Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rabbit Mountain TT

The Rabbit Mountain TT didn't go as well as I would have liked but I still manged to do well. This was my first hard effort in about 10 days after being sick the prior week. I've ridden the course many times and even managed a personal best of 17:59 without aero equipment a week and a half before the race so I was optimistic about beating that time. But, once the race started I felt awful. I had to fight the urge to call it quits throughout the race. I'm glad I did because I managed to get 4th (18:17). For some reason, I started the race in my small chain ring and could never get into the big ring which would have really helped for the first half of the race. Lately, I've been a total space cadet at the starts-including tonight at the boulder TT series when I showed up 40 seconds late for the start despite getting there with plenty of time. Anyway, at least failing to get in the big chain gave me the advantage of fresh legs at the end climb where I passed two riders who started the climb well ahead of me. The Rabbit mountain TT is a fun course which will make you pay at the end if you overdo your effort before the final climb.

Ho

No comments: